Sunday, February 23, 2014

The lap band and antibiotics

It's been a long week. I was sick all last weekend with what I thought was strep throat.  I didn't feel good at all. I did decide to get a fill for my band on Monday and when I got to the clinic I was running a tempature. I even took ibuprofen to try and mask it. They did the fill anyway but I only was able to get .2 cc's put in. I think I'm pretty happy with where I'm at right now. Im right at 4 cc's. But by Tuesday I couldn't take the sore throat anymore. I went to the dr and good thing I did. I have influenza b. The dr put me on four antibiotics and I'm happy to say they are working. I'm not 100% better, but I think I can start to work out again tomorrow. It's been a tough week at our house. Hubby got it, the littlest one got it, and I finally got antibiotics for the middle one whose been fighting crud since Thanksgiving. But hopefully we're all on the mend.

The problem is the antibiotics. 2 are liquid and of course go down fine. However, 2 are pills. I've had a really hard time with them. I will absolutely request liquid form from now on. I have such a hard time swallowing them. And I have to eat with them so that's been really hard too. I can't wait to be done with them. Only 10 more days to go. Ugh!

On the upside, Saturday mornings weigh in was 255.8. I'm really happy with that! I love seeing the scale go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment