Friday, August 14, 2015

And another journey begins...

Life has a way of constantly changing.  Even when we are not looking for change, it happens.  I was not looking for work.  I was perfectly happy staying home, exercising a lot, cleaning my house, being a "house wife".  I loved it.  I was living my dream.  Then a friend of mine came to me and asked me how I would feel about working a few days a week at her business.  She owned a drug testing facility.  I thought that sounded good.  2 days a week.  That wouldn't inconvenience me much.  I could schedule the kids appointments around 2 out of the 7 days in a week.  Plus, it would be nice to get out of the house a little.  And, I would get to learn new things.  She was going to send me to become a phlebotomist, I needed a certificate of training to do the drug testing...I was going to be learning.  I liked the sound of that.  This friend of mine is moving.  She had the business for sale.  I knew that when she hired me.  She could not guarantee that the new owner of the business would want employees, but that didn't matter to me.  I just wanted to work a little bit anyway.  Well, to make a long story short, Cecil and I bought the business.  As of August 1, 2015, we are officially business owners.  That's crazy! I now work 5 days a week, by myself, and run Workplace Testing Center.  Like it or not, our roots are planted in Texas.  I love my job.  This week has been hard because all 5 of my kids are back home, getting settled, ready for school to start.  I miss being home with them.  But after a lot of prayer, I know without a doubt that buying the business was what we were supposed to do.  There are very few things in my life that I can say I did because I knew for a certainty that that was what Heavenly Father wanted me to do.  This happens to fall into that category.  Every time I would go to Him with a concern, He would reassure me that I am doing the right thing. 

As far as business goes, we go is spurts where we are really busy, and then we have lots of down time.  Today has been really slow.  I have only had one test and it's already afternoon.  I pray for business all the time. 

Now for a lap band update.  I am down 105 lbs and have been sitting here for about 8 months.  I have gained a little, lost a little, back and forth.  I am not watching my eating like I should, and I know that.  My band is also very loose.  I was having a lot of trouble with reflux at night.  It wasn't acidy, it was just like liquid coming up into my throat and then I would start chocking in my sleep.  It wasn't very fun at all.  I hated it.  So I had him loosen me up a lot.  I only have 2.5 cc's in.  That is totally by my choice.  I want to stay here for  a while and then slowly start to add again.  I would love to be back up to my 4 cc's, but I don't know if I will ever get that full again.  I don't want to have issues.  I love my lap bad.  I am so grateful for it.  It has given me so much life back.  I ran my first 5K in April.  I can't even express how amazing that was! It was awesome! I can't say this to people because it sounds like bragging, but I have to admit, I was so proud of myself.  I never in a million years would have thought that I could actually do something like that.  I need to continue training for something because it is easy to slack off of my miles if I'm not focusing on a certain event.  But to keep my miles up, the past few months I have just challenged myself to hit 75 miles a month.  For June and July I got it!  I haven't kept track in August, but I started going to Turbo Jam 3 days a week again, so that will cut back on some millage.  I still get up at 4:30 Monday-Friday though, to work out, so I'm not slacking in the exercise department.  I just need to refocus my eating habits.

I took E to the dr. last week for a med check.  I talked to him about trying to possibly get off his meds and just see how he does.  E was all for it.  The dr. said that right when school was starting was probably not the best timing.  I had to agree.  So we decided that we would do a 3 month refill, then re discuss the idea in November.  Both E and I were on board with that idea.  But the dr. said in the meantime, get off all sugar.  He said to get back to eating real food.  Eggs, protein, fruits and veggies.  Ok, that is exactly the same diet that I've been told to eat, so why haven't I implemented it into my kids' lives? Honestly, it is really hard.  I made pork chops this week for supper, and then just steamed some fresh squash and zucchini.  I thought it was delicious! The kids, not so much.  But hopefully they will get used to it.  We all need to be off of sugar. 

School starts a week from Monday.  I am not ready to have them all back in school.  But ready or not, they will be going back.  Where does the time go?  I feel like I don't get any time with them in the summer, and now that I'm working, I really don't get that time.  But It will all work out. 

Life is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment