Friday, October 4, 2013

Still Waiting...

And it's ok.  I am officially down 17 lbs. as of today.  I am totally ok with that.  Cecil and I have been doing protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and then a low carb supper.  Last night we just bought a rotisserie chicken and the night before we did taco salad without any chips.  Both nights were filling and satisfying and I was happy with that.  Tonight I am going to make chicken fajita salad.  Yum! :)  Cecil is losing a lot better than I am.  He is down 30 lbs. from when we got married. (16 lbs. since we started the shake diet.)  I still am not down to what I was when we got married, but I am down 17 lbs. from 2 1/2 weeks ago.  I am not disappointed.  It will come off.  It didn't take 2 1/2 weeks to gain this 100+ lbs.  I'm not going to lose it in 2 1/2 weeks.  At least I am not gaining.  When I get discouraged with the lack of info from the insurance company, I remind myself that if I hadn't started the liquid diet, I would have continued to gain.  I would have gotten over 300 lbs.  So I am not upset that I started it when I did.  I just really wish I would hear something.  The kids are not asking questions.  They just think that we are on a diet.  I am glad.  I really don't want them to know.  I am being very selective with who I do tell.  People at church have found out and it is hard to have them not say anything in front of the kids.  I am sure they will eventually find out, I just don't want them to right now.  My side of the family knows, but Cecil's doesn't.  Like I said, in time, I am sure everyone will know, but right now I am not ready for them all to know. 

As far as the weekend goes, it is General Conference.  My favorite!  We do need to go grocery shopping but for the most part, I want to stay home and relax.  It seems like life has been in full force for a few months and it would really be nice to have some relaxation.  I think everyone would enjoy it. 

Let's get this weekend started! :) Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment