Sunday, October 27, 2013

Feeling better today! (and a weigh in)

As of today, I am a week and 3 days post op.  I am finally starting to feel pretty good.  I still have the gas in my shoulder that is causing me pain and I can feel my port and it is pretty tender.  Other then that, I am feeling so much better. 

I went to church today and 3 people commented on my weight loss.  That made me feel so good!  I didn't thing people would notice yet.  I really like that they can tell a difference. 

Cecil and I went for a short walk tonight and I was able to walk back up to my normal pace.  It felt wonderful!  The last several walks I have been on have been so slow and every step hurt.  But today was different.  It is amazing to me how much better I feel.  I love it!  Cecil also told me that the walk today was much easier for him.  He is doing awesome with his weight loss too!  He is down 20 lbs. since I started my pre op diet.  He did a lot of that with me and he is continuing to work so hard at losing weight.  He has goals for himself just like I do, and together, we are going to get skinny! :)

My goals this next week are:
   *Get my water in everyday! (I have been failing miserably at this!)
   *Walk my 2 1/2 miles Monday-Friday
   *Get my 3 "meals" and 3 snacks in on time

I've been giving myself slack due to how rotten I have been feeling, but it is time to get back on track.  I hope I feel just as good tomorrow as I have today, maybe even a little better. :)

I am so grateful for the wonderful support Cecil has been to me!  Even though I have had such a rough time since surgery, he has been there with me, helping me and encouraging me.  I couldn't have made it through all that without him.  I have a wonderful husband!

Since I didn't do a weigh in post on Friday, like I had planned, I will put my current weight as of today. 

Pre surgery diet: 299.6
Surgery Day 10/17/13- 280
Today 10/27/13 -266.6

No comments:

Post a Comment